Why should my pet be spayed or neutered?
- Spaying /neutering your pet is good for your pet, you, and the community.
- Spaying and neutering helps dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives.
- Spaying and neutering can eliminate or reduce the incidence of a number of health problems that can be very difficult or expensive to treat.
- Spaying eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the incidence of breast cancer, particularly when your pet is spayed before her first estrous cycle.
- Neutering eliminates testicular cancer and decreases the incidence of prostate disease.
- Spaying and neutering makes pets better, more affectionate companions.
- Spaying and neutering helps to reduce the number of homeless and unwanted pets in our community. We already have an overpopulation problem. This means there are not enough homes for the number of animals born each year in Henderson County.