HUMANE SOCIETY OF HENDERSON COUNTY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Humane Society of Henderson County (HSHC) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 1965. The HSHC is 100 percent funded by donations, grants and fees for services. We receive no government funding for the HSHC mission and programs. The HSHC does have a contract with the City and County governments of Henderson County solely for animal control services.
Because we are committed to not killing healthy or reversibly ill or injured cats and dogs, we are in a growth and public awareness phase, and are therefore considered a "working board" (i.e., very involved in the shelter's operational excellence, fundraising, community awareness, volunteerism, budget management and strategic planning). As such, we will be continuously looking at the needs of the organization and the Board of Directors, and filling those needs with skilled individuals.
We seek talented and dedicated people who are willing to help us take the shelter and the community to the next phase of animal welfare.
If you are interested in applying for board membership, please review these basic requirements. You can apply for a Board position by completing the Membership Application. Please mail your completed application to the HSHC shelter (attention Josh Williams) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Actively serve on at least one committee per year.
- Attend at least 75 percent of the regularly scheduled board meetings which are held from 6- 8 p.m. on the 3rd Monday of every month.
- Participate in at least one fundraiser per year.
- Visit the HSHC shelter at least quarterly.
- Maintain the confidentiality of items discussed at the board meetings.
- Represent the HSHC in a positive and ethical way in the community, and support the goals and visions of the organization.
- Actively pursue opportunities for fund development, open doors of communication and build relationships with animal advocates in the community.